Medical Coding Certification Prep
Many healthcare facilities have initiated medical coding certification requirements as a prerequisite for employment in the medical coding field. This class will prepare you to take the Certification Professional Coder (CPC) exam. The curriculum for this class is developed by the American Medical Association (AMA), the organization responsible for publishing the procedure coding manual you will learn about. Get more certification information at aapc.com.
By the end of this course you will have demonstrated your understanding of:
|Business of Medicine||Radiology|
|Medical Terminology and Anatomy||Integumentary System|
|ICD-10 Coding with a Comparison||Musculoskeletal System|
|to ICD-9||Respiratory, Hemic, and Lymphatic Systems|
|Anesthesia||Digestive Systems and more…|
|Evaluation and Management|
- Basic Knowledge of Medical Terminology and Anatomy/Physiology is required.
|PMCC06||Room 427|| February 21 2017 –
May 25, 2017Tuesday/Thursday Only – No class week of 3/20 or 4/17
** Fees do not include textbooks/manuals. The following textbooks are required, books are available for purchase online at www.traviss.edu – select the bookstore link.
- Conquering Medical Coding 2017 ISBN: 9780803659179
- 2017 ICD-10-CM Expert ISBN: 9781626883277
- CPT 2017 Professional Edition ISBN: 9781622024001
- 2017 HCPCS Level II Expert Codebook ISBN: 9781626883253
- Class size is limited
- Class filled on first-come/first-serve basis.
- Full course fees payable at the time of registration.
- No refunds or transfers for requested cancellations by enrollee with less than a 24-hour notice before the first day of class.
- Register in person Monday – Friday 7:30am – 2:00pm.
Instructor: Norma A. Panther
Call (863) 499-2717 for course and registration information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information or call (863) 499-2717.