3225 Winter Lake Road
Lakeland, FL 33803

Phone: 863-499-2700
Fax: 863-499-2706

Frequently Asked Questions – Health Science

How do I get started? Pre-Admission Procedure

Dental Assistant, Optometric Assisting, Practical Nursing or Surgical Technology Programs:

  • Obtain official transcripts, sent to your home to remain sealed.
  • Take unopened transcript to our guidance counselor, who will let you know if you need to take the TABE test or not.
  • Note: The Health Science Department does not accept faxed packet information or partial packet information.

Phlebotomy Programs:

  • Obtain official high school transcript or GED, obtain counselor approval.
  • Visit Health Sciences for admission packet.

Nursing Assistant Challenger Prep Course: Must be 18 or older, come to the Health Science Department to sign up.

Are your programs accredited?

  • Commission on Occupational Education (COE)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)
  • Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation
  • Commission on Dental Accreditation
  • American Optometric Association
  • Florida Board of Nursing
  • Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA)

How can I get my transcript?

All transcript requests are processed within seven business days from date received. All transcripts are prepaid.

  • Go to traviss.edu and print TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM.
  • Mail or bring in request. If mailing, send money order with request. Each transcript is $3.00. If coming in person, cash, credit card are also accepted.
  • HSE will complete the transcript request in the order they are received.
  • Mail requests to: Traviss Technical College, Attn: Health Science, 3225 Winter Lake Road, Lakeland, FL 33803.

What are the technology requirements for HSE programs?

  • Each student will need computer access. Each student will have computer assignments for writing, research, discussion, and testing purposes.  Familiarity with keyboarding is essential.

How do I get Education Verification?

  • Education verification will not be completed over the telephone.
  • Information Needed: Name at time of Program, Program Attended, Year of Graduation, Signed Release. Information will be faxed within 7 business days.


  • Testing company for CNA, Prometric at 888-277-3500 or website, www.prometric.com/FL
  • Entrance packets are not mailed, you must come to school for packet.
  • Health Science courses are not open-ended. All courses have specific start and end date.
  • For further information contact Kathy Suarez at kathy.suarez@polk-fl.net or call (863) 499-2700.


Information will not be copied from student files. Please make copies before you turn them into the office.

This includes:

  • Registration Form
  • Proof of Residency form/information
  • Manual Dexterity test
  • CPR cards
  • Medical Form/documentation
  • TABE test scores
  • Transcripts given to Traviss
  • Certificates