Frequently Asked Questions – Health Science
How do I get started? Pre-Admission Procedure
Dental Assistant, Optometric Assisting, Practical Nursing or Surgical Technology Programs:
- Obtain official transcripts, sent to your home to remain sealed.
- Take unopened transcript to our guidance counselor, who will let you know if you need to take the TABE test or not.
- Note: The Health Science Department does not accept faxed packet information or partial packet information.
- Obtain official high school transcript or GED, obtain counselor approval.
- Visit Health Sciences for admission packet.
Nursing Assistant Challenger Prep Course: Must be 18 or older, come to the Health Science Department to sign up.
Are your programs accredited?
- Commission on Occupational Education (COE)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)
- Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation
- Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA)
How can I get my transcript?
All transcript requests are processed within seven business days from date received. All transcripts are prepaid.
- Go to traviss.edu and print TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM.
- Mail or bring in request. If mailing, send money order with request. Each transcript is $3.00. If coming in person, cash, credit card are also accepted.
- HSE will complete the transcript request in the order they are received.
- Mail requests to: Traviss Technical College, Attn: Health Science, 3225 Winter Lake Road, Lakeland, FL 33803.
What are the technology requirements for HSE programs?
- Each student will need computer access. Each student will have computer assignments for writing, research, discussion, and testing purposes. Familiarity with keyboarding is essential.
How do I get Education Verification?
- Education verification will not be completed over the telephone.
- Information Needed: Name at time of Program, Program Attended, Year of Graduation, Signed Release. Information will be faxed within 7 business days.
- Testing company for CNA, Prometric at 888-277-3500 or website, www.prometric.com/FL
- Entrance packets are not mailed, you must come to school for packet.
- Health Science courses are not open-ended. All courses have specific start and end date.
- For further information contact Kathy Suarez at email@example.com or call (863) 499-2700.
PLEASE BE ADVISED
Information will not be copied from student files. Please make copies before you turn them into the office.
- Registration Form
- Proof of Residency form/information
- Manual Dexterity test
- CPR cards
- Medical Form/documentation
- TABE test scores
- Transcripts given to Traviss